I don’t always have all the latest gadgets. When I buy something, I’ll use it as long as it still works and remains useful, instead of replacing it because it’s not the latest and greatest. So when I do buy, I do my homework to make sure I’m getting something that I actually need. And of course, gadgets use batteries, so I’ve spent a lot of time comprehensively testing these to find the best rechargeable ones out there. I have not bought, nor thrown away, AA alkaline batteries since about 2007.
Batteries and Chargers
- Choosing and Using Nickel-Metal-Hydride (NiMH) Rechargeable Batteries
- Pre-Charged (Low Self-Discharge) Rechargeable Battery Comparison
- Sanyo’s USB Powered NiMH Charger
- Tenergy Centura Low Self-Discharge Rechargeable 9V Battery
- Testing Sanyo’s Eneloop Low Self-Discharge Rechargeable Battery